February 26, 2019

Chapter 0: Prologue


Chapter 0: Prologue



AN: Well then, how far will I be able to write?!
I've been wanting to write my own mofu-mofu composition.

I had something I liked
something I wanted to do
but then
I gave up I had no choice
ne~ I said answer me
why
someone like me to this world

did you give life?

God
ne~ tell me

――――――――――――――――――――――

Onee-chan, what's wrong?」

「…I was just thinking a little bit about the past. I'm fine.」

It was one afternoon of warm and pleasant sunshine.
I suddenly received a strong shock to my head while looking after the children near the den I resided in by myself.

At that moment, undoubtedly… I remembered a part of my previous life.

I did not know what kind of person I was, nor the specific details of how I lived.
However, the strong regrets I harboured in my past life took root in my present emotions.

(What I had wanted to do… I wonder what it was?)

There's no way to solve that question either. Because I only remembered the feelings. However, I think I was probably human in my previous life because I held such complicated sentiments.
I thought so because the current me is not a human.

Onee-chan! Look, this dandelion is tasty!」

An animal with light brown mofu-mofu drew closer to me.

Ne-cha, sleepy…」

A small animal with monochromatic patterns in their mofu-mofu drew closer to me as well.
The mofu-mofu's real identities were rabbits.  So, why was I caught in between rabbits and had understood what the rabbits were talking about? Ee, it is as everyone has guessed.

Because I am also a rabbit. A black one. Both body and eye colour. That's right, a pitch black mofu-mofu rabbit.

So then, the sleepy, smallest rabbit child drew closer to me, just in time for a nap which I would take as well.



It has been a year and a half since I was born as a rabbit. I am a bit past the age of the youth group, but rabbits are naturally quiet and lead a carefree life in the forest.

Kuro-chan*, thank you for taking care of them today as well. I will request you to do so tomorrow as well, ne?」

Onee-chan, bye bye! We'll play again tomorrow, ne~」

「Likewise, thank you for the carrots. Yes, tomorrow, ne? Light brown child.」

My den's hole is always full of compensation because of the adult rabbits. They are located just a little bit away from where the food supply grows, and the parents go and harvest wild carrots while I supervise and watch over the children every day.
So then, the parents would always give me gifts of gratitude; so I do not have to go out much in order to procure food.

We both benefit so I am doing well in my neighborhood.

Well then, let's eat the received carrots immediately. …… gari gari mogu mogu mogu mogu*… Yes, it's delicious. I am grateful that I spent today peacefully as well.

My everyday life is like this.
Basically, we are active during twilight until morning and at dusk. These days, there are many rabbits who have emerged to prepare for winter so I look after many children during the day. In addition, this forest is relatively calm, and there are no big beasts to be seen, so there are many rabbits and other herbivores active during the day.

So then, I spent the night nonchalantly nibbling on carrots, without a doubt that I would be spending tomorrow peacefully again, wondering where I would look after the rabbit children tomorrow~

AN: Flag ww

During twilight→ Dawn and dusk are when they are active. They aren't nocturnal but are near nocturnal in nature.☆



TN: The term is apparently called "crepuscular". Since the rabbits are very susceptible, they are most active during dawn and dusk when the light is either too dark or too bright for diurnal (day) and nocturnal (night) predators, respectively.

The first part (Talking with God) has the same spacing as the original post; but after that, I've edited the paragraph breaks because it is formatted weirdly on syosetu. I will continue to do so in future chapters as well.
  • Kuro-chan ⇒ Black-chan
  • gari gari ⇒ crunch, crunch
  • mogu mogu ⇒ nom, nom
  • Mofu mofu ⇒ fluffy. Fuwa fuwa is also fluffy but usually mofu mofu is fluffy and furry? Something like that?

No comments:

Post a Comment