March 08, 2019

Chapter 9: I am Engaged?


Chapter 9: I am Engaged?



I was shocked by the fiancé announcement first thing in the morning, so I began my day feeling blue although it was my long-awaited birthday.
But at least this engagement was still at the verbal agreement stage and wasn't formalized yet.

「It had to be Alvin-sama, out of all the people! Amongst the five men, it had to be Alvin-sama who is the number one or number two brute! It is like my life is barreling down the road of S torture, group play rape route, in a straight line. Hey, Sebastian, are you listening seriously?」

Wearing a dress that was relatively easy to move in, I was clamoring while aiming for a gap in Karl's defense.
It's the usual combat training and today we were mainly doing close-combat.
After yesterday's competition(?)with Neil-sama, as expected, Karl had agreed with the opinion that it was indispensable to know how to fight without weapons.

(TN: That question mark was part of the raws)

It's Karl. I am listening, that is to ojou-sama's numerous remarks, which are inappropriate for a lady.」

「But it is the truth, so it can't be helped, right? Even I would like to live as a pure and gentle ojou-sama if possible.」

「I think "gentle" would be impossible. Because Ojou-sama is too rash.」

「You have to be rude each and every time, huh!」

Karl avoided my kick, seamlessly closed in, and landed a hit on me.

「Move your body rather than your mouth. Your defense is weak.」

Ugyuu!*

I couldn't defend against Karl's strike which came flying suddenly and received a blow. I fell over and toppled onto the ground.

Curling up my body while grimacing in pain, I cast a recovery spell using the last of my MP and the pain gradually subsided.

Demon, devil, ruthless demon king*!
Can't he go easy on a girl who has received such a shock?!
Don't hit me so seriously to the extent that my breathing stopped for an instant!

「You do not have enough skill that you have time to waste your breath on idle chatter with me. You seem to really like rolling on the ground like a worm. We will stop here for today as no matter what I say, it will be pointless towards a fool who can't even grasp her own abilities.」

Karl said while looking down at me with eyes filled with disdain.
I glared at the back which had promptly turned back towards the mansion, leaving the downed me.
And all the while, my tears spilled due the pain and vexation.

Karl was acting as if yesterday's thing didn't happen at all and was calmly doing his work as always.
Of course, this morning's training was merciless too.
I exhausted my magical power and strength as usual and let Ellen take care of me as I kept my tears at bay whilst succumbing to the frustration of being completely defeated again. After removing my muddy dress and washing away all the sweat and tears, I was clad in a different ojou-sama-like dress.

This afternoon, there will be a private celebration for my birthday.
After a light meal, this time I changed into a party dress and my hair was done up.
In this world, one is recognized as an adult when one becomes eighteen. Therefore, there is a formal debut into high society.
A fiancé is often decided when one turns eighteen. However, by no means would I have imagined that I would be informed precisely on the day of my birthday, ne?





I was wearing a pale, light blue dress and my hair was done up and adorned with white roses. As the leading actress, I stepped into the prepared party hall within the mansion.

「Congratulations, Flora.」

「You look much more beautiful today.」

「Thank you very much.」

I greeted close nobles and friends with a smile.
As today's guests were only those we were casual with, I was able to enjoy delicious tea and idle talk without feeling self-conscious.

Suddenly, the hall was filled with commotion, and I saw that movement began to gather around me.
Why here?

「Congratulations, Flora. I came because I wanted to see your figure, by all means.」

Blonde with a tinge of light blue; should we call it blueish-blonde? And also, deep blue eyes. There was a slender and tall, elegant handsome young man.
That's right. It was Alvin Rigurdo-sama, the beautiful duke.
He was ten years my senior, and was a sharp and capable person who already succeeded the duke rank. He was also a noble famous for his good looks and received the ardent gazes of the women with a smile.
Upon seeing this beautiful man, one could only call him easy on the eyes. However on the inside……it isn't like that, ne?

「…… Alvin-sama.」

「Flora. As expected, you are as beautiful as a fairy.」

It is our first time speaking directly. He smoothly approached me and took my hand.
Around me, I could hear people's voices saying「Ara‎*」and「They're well-matched, ne?」.

「One moment please, Alvin-sama. We're still not officially engaged, aren't we?」

I tried to pull back my hand from the man who was behaving as if he were my lover, but his big defined hand wouldn't let go and he brought it to his mouth and kissed it.
The sultry look in his eyes as he brought my hand near his lips was too much for me and I felt dizzy.
Not good. This person's ikemen power is staggering.
For a moment, I had no idea what I should do!

「I wanted to meet you, no matter what, Flora. I wanted to get to know you properly before our engagement is formalized.」

The young noble's gentlemanly charms were overflowing as he held my hand and said some surprisingly upfront words.

「Well, well. This is going favorably.」

My father turned up with a face full of smiles.
To be able to become related to a ducal family is a good deal for my father. That's one way to summarize this whole engagement, right?

「May I talk to Flora for a little bit?」

「Of course! Flora, why don't you guide him to the garden with our family's prided roses?」

Yes, my father had sold me out.
If an engaged couple were to be alone together, that is to say, no matter what they do, it would be alright.
However, I could not oppose my father's words.

「……Well then, please excuse me. Over there, Alvin-sama.」

「Thank you, Flora. I will monopolize you for a bit.」





I placed my hand on Alvin-sama's arm and we walked towards the garden.

Now then, how do I refuse him?
As the two of us walked a path lined with blooming roses, I was thinking such things.
Right now, I don't even see a hint of his perverted side but perhaps he changes when he gets into bed?
He definitely seems gentlemanly and kind at first, ne?
Though it would have been good if he could be a gentleman at all times……
No, no! No matter how dreamy he is, I cannot allow myself to be carelessly swayed as this is what the opponent expects!

「What are you thinking about?」

Walking in silence, Alvin-sama peered into my face.
Uwa, as expected of an otome game capture target even if you looked up at him, he was still cool!
What should I do? My heart is going doki-doki¹.
Speaking of beauty, I only get to see Karl's cold smile, so I think that it can't be helped that I go po~² at him because of his tender smile. Next time, I'll try and go get a gentle smile out of Karl, though maybe training is necessary first.

So then, I absolutely couldn't tell him what I had been thinking and because of the excessive doki-doki¹, I ended up blushing from embarrassment.

「S-sorry, I'm nervous.」

「Because you are a sheltered woman, so you are unaccustomed to this kind of thing, ne?」

Eh?

「There are no rumors about you at all. It is unusual for a young woman, in this day and age.」

Of course, I have no reputation. I mean, I haven't even had any chance to earn any.
Every day I practice a lady's education, plus there's that relentless watchdog, Karl.
Even though other people's love have become splendid like butterflies... Come to think of it, haven't my days been passing colourlessly?!

「That had captivated my interest.」

Ano…… but that doesn't mean that I am quiet and reserved, does it?」

That's right. My hobby is improving my fighting power, after all, so I am the opposite of quiet.

「I do know that you are well-versed in the literary and military arts though. You are famous in regards to that aspect. Beautiful and smart, and also a strong princess — many men long for you, you know. Were you not aware of it?」

…… Yes, not at all.

「That is why, as soon as you turned eighteen, I proposed an engagement. Other men were also thinking about catching you.」

That means…… I was that popular, huh? Me?

「That puzzled look is also adorable, ne? To the extent that I want to devour those rosy lips.」

Alvin-sama's hand cupped my cheek and began to sweetly caress it.

「Kindly stop it.」

I turned away, and softly pulled Alvin-sama's hand away.

「I…… I can not marry Alvin-sama.」

「Why?」

Because I don't want to be raped! But I can't say that! Ee-to, ee-to, I have to think of an excuse.

「……I, actually, have someone I already set my heart on.」

Alvin-sama scowled for an instant before his smiling face returned.

「Who is it? Don't you think that I have a right to know that person's name?」

Uwa, he doesn't believe it!
I am bad at lying and whenever my emotions are exposed, Karl would always point it out.

「So, who is it? Please tell me. I will make that man disappear from your heart as I will love you.」

Ano, I can not say because of certain circumstances. But I really long for that person and because of these feelings, I can not be with Alvin-sama. I do not think these feelings will disappear.」

「Is it an impossible love? Then all the more will I uplift and heal your broken heart. It doesn't matter who you are thinking about now, but please become mine.」

It was completely ineffective!
What should I do? I wonder how I can avoid an engagement with Alvin-sama.
I want to cry already.
I am already getting teary eyed.

「Please forgive me, Alvin-sama. That kind of sensible behavior is impossible for me.」

「Please do not cry, dear one. I detest the man who hurt your heart.」

Ah, what should I do?」

Alvin-sama drew in my waist with his left hand and brought me closer to him while he held my head firmly with his right.

「Tears of sadness do not suit you.」

Alvin-sama kissed away the tears that began to fall down.
Oh no, things are going the wrong direction.

「Don't. Please let me go.」

A duke has a higher rank than a baron and so I can not afford to display any violence towards him. I pushed both hands against his chest and tried to move away from Alvin-sama's body, but my palms were met with sturdy pectoral muscles.
His face once again drew near and this time, he was obviously aiming for my lips.

「Flora……」

Alvin-sama's gently parted his lips and called out my name.
I can not! I will get punished if I allow myself to be kissed again!

Karl!

I called out the name of the ruthless demon king that came to mind.



TN:
  • Ugyuu! ⇒ Sound effect of being hit. Like Ugh! Or something like that.
  • Demon, devil, ruthless demon king! ⇒ In order, it said: Oni (which can also be devil or ogre), Akuma (which can also be demon), Maou (it says devil king in the dictionary but stories usually translate maou as a demon king, like the one that needs to be subjugated by a hero)
  • Ara ⇒ Equivalent of "Oh my~"
  • Ikemen ⇒ Handsome man
  • Doki-doki ⇒ heartbeat (fast)
  • Po ⇒ Entranced SFX

No comments:

Post a Comment